learn what it takes to become an instructor
We are excited about your desire to learn more about Body & Soul. We want to guide you in learning about the qualifications needed to teach Body & Soul, the application process, and how to bring our program to your area. We believe it is important for each prospective instructor to be prepared in three key areas: physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Please see our Upcoming Events for training workshops and profile deadlines.
- All prospective instructors must meet our Fitness and Weight Standards
- All prospective instructors will verify their current exercise regimen by completing an Exercise Calendar that comes with the application.
- All prospective instructors will complete and submit a Health History Form as part of their application.
- All Body & Soul instructors must be CPR certified, therefore all prospective instructors must become certified as part of the approval process before teaching their first class.
- Once approved, all new instructors will work towards group fitness instructor certification to be completed one year from approval.
Spiritually / Emotionally
- We require that all prospective and active instructors adhere to the basic statement of what we believe that is found with our instructor application.
- Because faith is an essential part of our program your personal spiritual experience is important to us. All instructors must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. If you aren’t sure about this, check out Faith & Fitness – Your Spiritual Journey.
- All prospective and active instructors must be involved in ongoing activities that promote spiritual growth and be willing to be accountable in this area.
- All prospective and active instructors must be active members of a local church and submit a Recommendation Form from a leader at their church.
- All prospective instructors should be at a point emotionally and in their time management where they can add the responsibility of leading a fitness class to their life. We want teaching for Body & Soul to be a joy, not a burden! Please consider carefully any other commitments you have and be sure you have time to add this to your life.
- If married, it is important to us that prospective instructors have their husband's support because they will be committing a considerable amount of their time to this.
Please feel free to talk more with us if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you as you pursue joining this exciting fitness organization.